Sunday, July 12, 2009

How long would it take to learn C++ at an hour or 2 a day for game design?

I'm thinking about getting into game design and I hear C++ is the perfect place to start and to learn that first. I took Visual Basic in high school a couple years ago and was in the top 2-3 in my class. However i dont remember much of it now since it was 2 years ago and i havent practiced, but im sure i can remember it once i get into it again.





They were going to put me in AP Java afterwards but i didnt go because at the time i found VB boring (I should've gone i would be landing jobs left and right right now but oh well). I think it was because i had no incentive to code. They only had us doing boring stuff like making restaurant programs or calculators or something, so i never continued with it, it was annoying having to do cheap programs just because everyone else couldnt keep up. Anyway given my backround and stuff, how long would it take to learn C++? on my own without classes.

How long would it take to learn C++ at an hour or 2 a day for game design?
dude VB is a joke no offense.





C++/VC/C.NET/C.# , there are load of tutorials on the Internet just google them, plus get a book, and practice





how long it will take? this question only you can answer.
Reply:C++ is no more difficult to learn that any other language - especially if like yourself you already know how to program. The structures are similar - only the syntax is different plus you need to get your head around object oriented programming and pointers. But I'm sure you can do that!





Most importantly - you need to understand Direct X. This is regardless or the language you choose. The good news is - Direct X 10 is easier to learn than any of its predecessors... And its a lot of fun!





Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment