Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Are there any places in california that I can learn C++?

Are there any colleges or schools or anything in or around the area code 91344 from which a beginner can learn C++ programming? I have started a bit myself but I'm simply not that motivated. if i were to take a class on it though, I am sure that I would feel much more motivated to work. by the way, I am only 15 years old so I'm talking about something for people my age, not getting a degree for it.





thank you ahead of time.

Are there any places in california that I can learn C++?
yes, the internet.
Reply:I was going to say you can take a C++ class at any community college. But you're only 15! I'm impressed. (They might still let you in. You might check it out).





If you're just learning to program, C++ is not a good 'first' language. When I took it, you had to already know another language. We all learned Pascal or BASIC first. Or Python (it's free, you can download it from the Internet). They're easier especially if you're learning on your own. C++ does a lot with pointers and dynamic memory, also it has objects, which is a steep learning curve for a first language.





These days I think Visual BASIC is about the best. It's easy to learn, the syntax is simple, it's object-oriented, but it's very powerful and you an do a lot with it. Once you learn it you'll be familiar with most of the concepts in C++. Plus with Visual BASIC there are lots of forums and Usenet groups where you can go for help and not feel like an idiot. C++ forums are full of pros who are real snobs.





Good luck! I wish they had computers when I was 15.

sympathy flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment